Ashen Stars is the ENnie and Golden Geek-nominated SF GUMSHOE game from RPG legend, Robin D. Laws. They call you lasers. Sometimes you’re called scrubbers, regulators, or shinestars. To the lawless denizens of the Bleed, whether they be pirates, gangsters or tyrants, you’re known in less flattering terms. According to official Combine terminology, the members of your hard-bitten starship crew are known as Licensed Autonomous Zone Effectuators. You’re the seasoned freelancers local leaders call when a situation proves too tough, too baffling, or simply too weird to handle on their own. In the abandoned fringe of inhabited planets known as the Bleed, you’re as close to a higher authority as they come. In this gritty space opera game, the PCs are Lasers, freelance troubleshooters and law enforcers operating in a remote sector called the Bleed. They’re needed in the wake of a massive retreat by the Combine, the utopian empire that colonized it. Amid the ashes of a devastating war, the lasers solve mysteries, fix thorny problems, and explore strange corners of space—all on a contract basis. They balance the immediate rewards of a quick buck against their need to maintain their reputation, so that they can continue to quickly […]More...
An Accretion Disk forms around massive bodies in space. Gravity drags in random objects and debris, spinning them around and bringing them in closer and closer, faster and faster, hotter and hotter, until something explodes.
It holds true for stars and black holes – and for politics and crime, too.
And let’s face it – you’re the ones who are going to be standing in the path of that explosive release. Better get ready.
Accretion Disk: The Ashen Stars Expansion Book includes:
- Sample clues, special spend benefits, and added data on each Investigative ability. Learn how to use Kinetics to escape VR simulations, identify alien interference in pre-contact cultures, and trace viro-augmented criminals with endocrinological profiling.
- More options and tactics for general abilities, including species-specific ones. Master zero-g martial arts, detect weapons as they charge up, and acquire corporate sponsorship for your Laser team to boost your cash flow!
- Take your stations on board ship with options and tactics for each warpside and groundside role, then delve into player-drive Arcs and Drives. Guide your own destiny amid the guttering Ashen Stars.
- Explore new character options with six new playable species.
- Deckplans for every class of ship show you what it’s like on board – and new ship options and bolt-ons open up tactics for ship-board adventures.
- When you hit dirtside, break out any of the dozens of new weapons, equipment items, cyberware or viroware – if you can afford the upkeep!
- Hot Contracts gives a roster of jobs that only a Laser crew can handle. Pick your own challenge hot off the Bleed, and get to work!
- Finally, twelve new hostile aliens ensure that the Bleed stays dark and bloody…
|Stock #: PELGA08||Author: Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan, Kevin Kulp, Kieran Turley|
|Artist: Jérôme Huguenin, Chris Huth||Pages: 192 page perfect bound|
- 13th Age
- Ashen Stars
- Ashen Stars Core Rulebook
- Accretion Disk
- All We Have Forgotten
- Dead Rock Seven
- The Justice Trade
- All Releases
- Dying Earth and Gaean Reach
- Fear Itself
- Ken Writes About Stuff
- Mutant City Blues
- Night's Black Agents
- Owl Hoot Trail
- Page XX
- The Esoterrorists
- Trail of Cthulhu
- The Birds
- All Updates