Play the gritty reboot of your favorite science fiction TV series. Winner of the 2012 Silver ENnie award for Best Setting, designed by RPG legend Robin D. Laws and powered by the GUMSHOE investigative roleplaying system. Out here in the Bleed, you’re the closest thing there is to a higher authority. You’re Licensed Autonomous Zone Effectuators —”lasers” for short. You’re the seasoned freelancers that local leaders call whenever a situation is too tough, too baffling, or simply too weird for them to handle. It’s a dirty job, but it pays. And sometimes, you get to make a difference. In Ashen Stars you take on the role of freelance troubleshooters and law enforcers operating in a remote sector of space called the Bleed. Amid the ashes of a devastating war that ended with a massive retreat by the Combine, you’ll solve mysteries, fix thorny problems, and explore strange corners of space — balancing the promise of a quick buck against the need to maintain a reputation that wins you lucrative contracts, and pays the upkeep on your ship and your cyber- and viroware enhancements. Play one of seven species: The eerily beautiful, nature-loving, emotion-fearing balla The cybes, former humans radically altered by cybernetic and genetic science The durugh, hunched, furtive […]More...
An Accretion Disk forms around massive bodies in space. Gravity drags in random objects and debris, spinning them around and bringing them in closer and closer, faster and faster, hotter and hotter, until something explodes.
It holds true for stars and black holes – and for politics and crime, too.
And let’s face it – you’re the ones who are going to be standing in the path of that explosive release. Better get ready.
Accretion Disk: The Ashen Stars Expansion Book includes:
- Sample clues, special spend benefits, and added data on each Investigative ability. Learn how to use Kinetics to escape VR simulations, identify alien interference in pre-contact cultures, and trace viro-augmented criminals with endocrinological profiling.
- More options and tactics for general abilities, including species-specific ones. Master zero-g martial arts, detect weapons as they charge up, and acquire corporate sponsorship for your Laser team to boost your cash flow!
- Take your stations on board ship with options and tactics for each warpside and groundside role, then delve into player-drive Arcs and Drives. Guide your own destiny amid the guttering Ashen Stars.
- Explore new character options with six new playable species.
- Deckplans for every class of ship show you what it’s like on board – and new ship options and bolt-ons open up tactics for ship-board adventures.
- When you hit dirtside, break out any of the dozens of new weapons, equipment items, cyberware or viroware – if you can afford the upkeep!
- Hot Contracts gives a roster of jobs that only a Laser crew can handle. Pick your own challenge hot off the Bleed, and get to work!
- Finally, twelve new hostile aliens ensure that the Bleed stays dark and bloody…
|Stock #: PELGA08||Author: Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan, Kevin Kulp, Kieran Turley|
|Artist: Jérôme Huguenin, Chris Huth||Pages: 192 page perfect bound|
- 13th Age
- Ashen Stars
- Ashen Stars Core Rulebook
- Accretion Disk
- All We Have Forgotten
- Dead Rock Seven
- The Justice Trade
- All Releases
- Dying Earth and Gaean Reach
- Fear Itself
- Ken Writes About Stuff
- Mutant City Blues
- Night's Black Agents
- Owl Hoot Trail
- Page XX
- The Esoterrorists
- Trail of Cthulhu
- The Birds
- All Updates