Eternal Lies interactive campaign map

P115_InvestigatorMap-greyRickard Gudbrand was so inspired by the image on page 123 in the Eternal Lies book (left) that he decided to do a similar thing himself, to be able to give his players during the game.  Then he realised that he’d have to update the map as the investigators travelled to different locations, and possibly in a different order after the initial chapter.

The result is a beautiful interactive PDF map with layers, which the Keeper can use whatever order the players decide to travel in, as each layer can be activated individually and then printed (it’s designed as an A3-handout, so some fudging might be required to print to US letter size).

The PDF-reader must support layers for it to work. As it is very much a spoiler to a big part of the campaign, Rickard has protected it with a password: the first word on page 376 in the Eternal Lies rulebook.

You can download Rickard’s interactive map here.

11 Responses to “Eternal Lies interactive campaign map”

1. Brendan says:

This is incredible – Rickard, I’m in complete awe.

2. Hugo says:

It requires a password!
    But it does look promising…

3. Sean Whittaker says:

This is password protected, so unfortunately the map remains inaccessible.

4. Pedro Rodrigues says:

The pdf is password protected.

5. Keegan Fink says:

The download page says it’s password protected?

6. keegan fink says:

nevermind! I must have skipped the part regarding the page number. Sorry about that!

7. Rickard Gudbrand says:

Thank you for those kind words! It is intended to be printed by the Keeper after each Location is finished, as a kind of progress meter on behalf of the group. I have also tried to include (using the words of the investigatord) most of the campaign level clues for each Location (as a reminder for the players). My campaign will start in Arkham, but as this is my decision, I made Arkham as a separate layer that can be skipped (not shown if you start the campaign somewhere else).

8. Sid Wood says:

Great work Rick! I’ll be pinching this idea for our Masks campaign we’re starting in a few weeks.

9. Lisa Padol says:

This is gorgeous. Thank you.

Is there a way to save it without all of the layers? That is, could I save just the world layer and the Henslow layer, then save those two layers plus one more, as the PCs go through the game, so I can show the players something they can access without fear of spoilers? If so, is there a way to remove the password requirement, or should I just leave that in? Printing it out is totally doable, but the size of the text is too tiny to read if I do that.

• Rickard Gudbrand says:

Thanks Lisa,

Sorry for the very very late reply… Yes, it is possible to do, but I think it requires a full version of Adobe Acrobat.

Open the document, then Edit->Properties->Security and remove the (set “Security Method” to “None”). Then show the layers you want and then print it as a new PDF. The security has to be removed, otherwise a new PDF can not be created…