Eyes of the Stone Thief

13a_stcover_oct2_v2Can you kill the dungeon before it kills you?

In 13th Age, living dungeons slither up through the underworld and invade the surface lands. The Stone Thief is the most ancient and cunning of its kind; a vast monster that preys on the cities and structures you love, swallows them, and remakes them into more deathtrap-filled levels inside itself. Now, it’s hunting YOU.

For players:

• Embark on a saga of madness, revenge and giant monsters
  • Aid or thwart the schemes of the Icons as they battle for control of the dungeon
  • Slay, loot and survive deep in the bowels of the earth
  • Destroy this age-old threat forever

For GMs:

• A monstrous campaign covering the entire Champion tier (4th to 8th level)
  • Thirteen levels of peril from the dungeon’s opening Maw to the orc hordes of the Deep Keep, the terrors of the Pit of Undigested Ages, and the nightmare city beyond the Onyx Catacombs
  • New monsters, new treasures, new traps, and new factions for your 13th Age campaign

The Stone Thief rises. Enter it, find its secrets and defeat it – or die trying.

Stock #: PEL13A07 Author: Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan
Artist: Anna Kryczkowska, Pat Loboyko, Rich Longmore, Juha Makkonen, Russ Nicholson, Ben Wooten Pages: 360 page hardback

31 Responses to “Eyes of the Stone Thief”

1. Bruce Gray says:

Hi! Can I be put on a list of people that would like to be contacted when this is done?

2. Michael says:

Any word on this adventure?

3. George says:

Hi there,
    Any word on a rough estimate for a release date/month?
    Thanks in advance.

• Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan says:

We’re laying it out now, but it’s a big, complex book. Once we can give an accurate estimate for release, we will.

4. Patrick Leder says:

The description says level 4 to 8 but the Champion tier is 5 to 8. Which is it? It’s that important to me.

• Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan says:

The first few levels of the dungeon can be played at 4th level, so you can run the dungeon’s first appearance in your campaign as the dramatic transition from Adventurer to Champion tier if you wish.

• Patrick Leder says:

Thanks! We are at 4 and we would like to transition into this campaign. I think I will let them go to 5 after their current adventure is over since I only have 3 players anyway and just be ready to scale encounters in Eyes of the Stone Thief.

5. Matthew Stewart says:

Pre-ordered. Pages 216-219 are in the wrong format (13th age rules but old school D&D format to be precise).

6. Looks great! Love that cover :)

7. Niallism says:

So if I pre-order this I can get the PDF right away?

8. Patrick Leder says:

I have read up to page 60 or so as well as skimming the entire thing to get a grasp of the entire story. This is an intimidating tome, but totally worth the price of admission. If you like megadungeons and if you like one with a lot of weirdness, heart, and wonderful plot, GET THIS BOOK. It integrates well with the icon system. This is an incredible effort, I look forward to starting it this weekend.

9. George says:

Are you planning a limited edition hardcover for this?

10. George says:

Simon before you hit me with the price, hit me with a (rough) ETA. So that i start saving! And a Happy new year to everyone at Pelgrane.

11. David says:

Where is the link to order the 13th age subscription?

12. David says:

Is there a link you can give me for the subscription so I can order this.

Also, I pre-ordered the Eyes of the Stone Thief in December and was wondering when the hard cover books were going to be sent out. Thanks for your time and keep kicking ass on 13th Age!

• Cat Tobin says:

Hey David, the subscription will be available to buy in our webstore tomorrow.

We’re hoping to start shipping physical copies of Eyes of the Stone Thief at the end of February.

13. Lisa Kellogg says:

I just pre-ordered Eyes of the stone thief I did not receive a pdf The paper I received a few days ago when I got the finish of my kickstarter stuff said I would get a free pdf right away if I pre-ordered when I did I got some weird message that said it went through but you weren’t notified so what do I do.

14. Lisa Kellogg says:

How do I get the pdf of this I ordered the preorder and I didn’t get my pdf.

15. Tanguy says:

Oh boy, what a sweet campaign ! My players and I are totally into it ! Great job, impressive, each page has a cool idea, that’s really one of the best Fantasy campaign I’ve ever done !

Thanks pelgranepress, you’ve clearly been blessed by the icons !

Greetings from France !

16. Hi, any ETA on when the preorders are shipping? I see it is available now on frpgames’ site.

• Frank Chaustowich says:

Yes, it has also showed up on the shelf at my local FLGS in MI. I was surprised, since prior to this I had always received Pelgrane pre-orders long before they started showing up locally…

17. David says:

Hello, I also pre ordered Eyes of the Stone Thief also and was wondering if the pre orders went out already because I am seeing these sold on Ebay now.

Thanks in advance

18. Steve says:

Yes, I’m in the same boat. Pre-ordered assuming I’d get it at about the same time it hit retail, now it’s two weeks late with no word. And a $9 shipping charge! I’d really appreciate an update.

19. Niall Smyth says:

I am getting sick of the lack of information about pre-orders. I don’t mind if it’s bad information – delays or whatever. But it doesn’t take much time to update a website or forum with the status.

20. Cat Tobin says:

We’re sorry for the delay in shipping these. We were waiting to find out where the UK books were before updating customers. US and Canadian orders are shipping today, and UK and rest of world orders will be shipping in the next few days.

21. […] e che sta per entrare in playtesting, mentre più interessante sembra la seconda avventura: Eyes of the stone thief , un interessante twist sul dungeon vecchio stile, alla tomb of Horrors per intendersi, poiché […]