For Christmas – A Poison Tree

I’m pleased to announce a new project, in scope and scale similar to Eternal Lies. It’s The Poison Tree – a multi-generational Lovecraftian epic.

If that’s not exciting enough, the authors will be Paul Fricker (CoC 7th Edition), Matthew Sanderson (Love of Money), and Scott Dorward (Final Revelation). And Kenneth Hite will act as advisor and sprinkler of fairy dust.

We’ll have more for you at the end of January.

12 Responses to “For Christmas – A Poison Tree”

1. Lisa Padol says:

Okay, that’s better than coffee for waking me up. Is it the end of January yet? Are you ready for playtesters and beta readers yet?

2. Chris Green says:

Good luck to the authors and hosts of the podcast ‘The Good Friends of Jackson Elias’.

3. Niclas M says:

Wha… wait… so soon…?

No rest for the wicked, I guess. Or Pelgrane either,for that matter.
    Gotta love it!

4. csabthehun says:

Holy Azatoth, this is excellent news! Loved Eternal Lies and this just sounds brilliant!

2014 seems to be shaping up to be one of the best years in Cthulhu history!

5. SunlessNick says:

Sounds awesome. And makes me wonder whether In the Blood will be an especially appropriate drive.

6. Brendan says:

I am hugely excited to hear about it – day one order as soon as you guys make it available.

7. Chubnigurath says:

Kenneth Hite is the King Midas of RPG, everything he touches upon turns to gold… Keep up the good… uh no… the excellent work! Looking forward to it.

8. Hey Guys, still waiting for the “end of January” information.

9. Sorry, my fault. It’s taken us a bit longer than anticipated to nail down the next phase of development, but I think we’re there now.

• Ibon says:

Ey Scott, it’s june and we’re still waiting for some news. We understand that a Cthulhu campaign is a great responsibility, and more after the genial “Eternal Lies”, but could you let us a little present? Could you show us some information on the project? Thanks a lot from Spain!!!

• Ibon,

Things are developing nicely. We have a detailed outline of the entire campaign now, and the first sections are almost ready for internal playtesting. The plan is that I’ll gather my playtest group in early August and start the initial play through then. Paul and Matt will do the same with other groups shortly after, building on the feedback from the first group.

Given the length of the campaign and the amount of writing we’ll need to do before it can go to external playtesters, we’re expecting this process to take us somewhere between 18 months and two years. It’s going to be a long old process, but it is a big campaign!

• Ibon says:

Thank you Scott. 18 months sounds like a lot of time, but if the quality of the work is as good as always (and I’ve no doubt about it) it will be worth. In my humble possibilities, if you need a helping hand, you can count on me.