We’re into the final days of Kevin Kulp’s TimeWatch Kickstarter, so there’s not much time left to get this latest GUMSHOE game at a knockdown price (unless you have your own time machine). The $80,000 stretch level is just under $500 away as I type, so if you haven’t already backed it, go and do it now. I’ll wait for you.
Now you’re back, here are this month’s articles – as well as Simon’s View from the Pelgrane’s Nest, Robin D. Laws has done a DramaSystem mini-Series Pitch and Kenneth Hite’s Call of Chicago teaches you how to gain the kind of instant expertise he’s become famous for. Over in 13th Age corner, your sorcerer and barbarian are about to get a makeover thanks to Brian Slaby and Martin Killmann; Gar Ryder-Hanrahan looks back to a time when all this was dominions, and Lawrence Mingoa creates a new monster inspired by Phillipine mythology. And you have another two weeks to enter the Owlbear Cub and Bronze Golem competition, so get your entries in now!
- The Gaean Reach Gazetteer pre-order, a supplement for The Gaean Reach, based on the science-fiction works of Dying Earth author Jack Vance
- Hillfolk PDF – create your own ongoing saga of high-stakes interpersonal conflict using Robin D. Laws’ DramaSystem
- Blood on the Snow PDF – a companion volume for Hillfolk, featuring more Series Pitches, the DramaSystem MasterClass and
- Hideous Creatures: Star Vampires – the latest edition of Ken Writes about Stuff traces the Shamblers From the Stars
- Series Pitch of the Month – This month’s edition is Encore, by Rob Wieland
- View from the Pelgrane’s Nest – Find out what’s new from Simon Rogers
- Bloodbag Command – Robin D. Laws writes a DramaSystem mini-Series Pitch flipping the Night’s Black Agents setting on its head
- Call of Chicago: Secrets of the Cannibal-Rat Ghost Ship That Is Instant Expertise Kenneth Hite explains how to cheat your way to knowing everything about everything
- Scenes from TimeWatch – Kevin Kulp goes through some awesome scenes from his TimeWatch RPG
- Running Pelgrane games at conventions – If you want to run official Pelgrane games at GenCon, UK Games Expo or Origins – or your local convention – find out more here.
- February playtesting – The Strangling Sea for 13th Age, Bill White’s The New World and All Along the Watchtower for Trail of Cthulhu are all up for testing this month
- Enter the Owlbear Caption Competition - only two weeks left to enter!
- Treasures of a Past Age – Dominions Gar Ryder-Hanrahan remembers when all this was just fields for your 13th Age characters to rule
- Sorcerous Options for 13th Age Brian Slaby creates some additional spells for your 13th Age sorcerer
- Idea for a 13th Age monster – the Tianac Lawrence Augustine R. Mingoa creates a 13th Age monster inspired by Philippine mythology
- New Barbarian Talents: Mountainheart, Wyrmfang, Graceful Fury and Tribal War Chief Martin Killmann creates some new talents for your 13th Age barbarian
Resource page updates
- Trail of Cthulhu Condensed Rules – Tony Williams has added some new rules from Night’s Black Agents to the condensed rules
- No Choice Pal – Alasdair Sinclair has written a scenario for Night’s Black Agents
13th Age Resource page updates
- 13th Age Archmage Engine Licensing Overview – Answers any questions you might have about licensing the 13th Age Roleplaying Game or Archmage Engine
- 13th Age Compatibility License – Specifics regarding the 13th Age Compatibility License, and an application form
- 13th Age Archmage Engine License – Specifics regarding the 13th Age Archmage Engine License, and an application form
- 13th Age Rogue power deck (.zip file by Kazekami, created with permission)
- 13th Age Icon Relationship chart (.zip file by Kazekami, created with permission)