Hi everyone, it’s me again: Enigmatic Icon. April showers bring May flowers, sure, but do you know what else they bring? Moss and lichens. And do you know what moss and lichens bring? Insects. And do you know what insects bring? Birds. As if I wasn’t busy enough with the Pelgrane, now I’ve a nest of sparrows in my nose. Just another day in paradise, I guess. Anyway, I’ve brought you fresh tidings from the good scribblers at Stone Skin Press:
- We’ve announced our newest book: A 21st Century Bestiary, edited by Stone Skin Press author Heather Wood. This one’s going to be a monster’s manual unlike any other, trust us.
- For April Fish Day we also posted a mock announcement for a book that’s not actually happening. Click here to see what the joke was–I didn’t really get it, but then again I like my humor like I like my chiseled visage: dry.
- The New Gothic anthology continues to attract good press the way an attic attracts bats. The newest glowing review comes from Farsight Blogger.
- And for readers who prefer to sample a taste for themselves rather than read a gourmand’s write-up, we’ve posted more samples from The New Gothic: Damien Kelly’s “The Whipping Boy,” Phil Reeves’s “The Vault of Artemas Smith,” and Ed Martin’s “The Fall of the Old Faith.”
- Then there’s our skullduggerous anthology Schemers, which just earned a winning review from literary criticism site Popcults.
- We’ve also posted some more previews from that assembly of charming scoundrels: Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan’s “Buried“, Elizabeth A. Vaughan’s “The Weapon at Hand,” Jesse Bullington’s “The Devil’s Tontine,” and Kathryn Kuitenbrouwer’s “The Bridgehouse Game.”
- For those who love a bargain as much as they love quality short stories, the etailer Drivethrufiction is offering two enticing bundles: The New Hero Bundle, which gives you both The New Hero and The New Hero II at a deep discount, and The Cthulhu Mythos Bundle, which includes almost a dozen Cthulhu-related books, albums, and audio books, including our very own Shotguns V. Cthulhu.
- More news will be posted as it happens over on the main site, and be sure to check in often as we’ll be giving away free copies of our books in a series of contests.