There is no theme this month, instead we celebrate a plethora of new projects. We have an article from Mr. Owl Hoot himself, Clinton R. Nixon on the different classes of his fantasy-western game, and a ‘Name that Orc’ competition. Graham Walmsley has written an article on his new book, Stealing Cthulhu, and how to use it in Trail of Cthulhu scenarios. RPG maestro Robin D Laws takes us through the mechanics of point spending and hoarding in GUMSHOE games. Simon Rogers has provided View from the Pelgrane’s Nest, the monthly round-up of all things Pelgrane. Finally, there is the monthly poll, following on from the release of the Stellar Nursery edition of sci-fi GUMSHOE, Ashen Stars, we ask you to cast your vote for which of the Seven Peoples you’d most like to play.
- View from the Pelgrane’s Nest by Simon Rogers, updates and news of forthcoming projects.
- The Seven Peoples of the Ashen Stars by Robin D Laws
- Gunslingers & Gadgeteers by Clinton R. Nixon detailing the classes in Owl Hoot Trail.
- Name that Orc, a competition for Owl Hoot Trail with fantastic prizes.
- Spending, Hoarding and GUMSHOE by Robin D. Laws on how to use your resources for the best results.
- Using Stealing Cthulhu in Trail Scenarios by Graham Walmsley, all you need to know to make your Trail adventures truly terrifying.
Ashen Stars offers seven different player character species. Which would you choose?
- The humans, adaptable, resourceful, and numerous. They comprise the majority of a typical laser crew (19%, 34 Votes)
- The cybes, former humans radically altered by cybernetic and genetic science (18%, 33 Votes)
- The kch-thk, warrior locust people who migrate to new bodies when their old ones are destroyed (18%, 33 Votes)
- The armadillo-like tavak, followers of a serene warrior ethic (15%, 28 Votes)
- The vas mal, former near-omnisicent energy beings devolved by disaster into misshapen humanoid form (14%, 26 Votes)
- The eerily beautiful, nature-loving, emotion-fearing balla (10%, 18 Votes)
- The durugh, hunched, furtive ex-enemies of the Combine who can momentarily phase through solid matter (6%, 11 Votes)
Total Voters: 183