October is by far the best month of the year, not only for the prevelance of pumpkins but also for the gentle underlying feeling of ‘I want to be scared this month’. Of course, at Pelgrane Towers, every month feels like this when dealing with the Mythos but for those outside, we have lined up some tasty, terrifying treats for you. First up is the monthly round-up of all things Pelgrane from Simon Rogers. Then we have an extract from Adrian Bott’s RPG Miscellany on how to make the most of your in-game failures. A guide through the narrative construction process of DramaSystem by Robin D Laws. A short Trail of Cthulhu demo game from Steve Dempsey, perfect for introducing players to GUMSHOE. Check out the new playtesting opportunities for October. 8 new desktop wallpapers and a Design Your Own Apocalypse Competition with fantastic prizes.
- View from the Pelgrane’s Nest by Simon Rogers, all you need to know about Pelgrane this month.
- Shift your Scene Linkage with DramaSystem by Robin D Laws, a look at the narrative construction of the new system.
- The Tasty Fruits of Failure by Adrian Bott, an extract from the forthcoming Bott’s RPG Miscellany.
- Your Own Private Apocalypse – a create-your-own Apocalypse competition.
- Ritual Pursuits by Steve Dempsey, a Trail of Cthulhu demo game.
- Desktop Wallpapers – 3 new Trail of Cthulhu and 5 Ashen Stars wallpapers.
- Playtesting Opportunities, includes Esoterrorist scenarios and Owl Hoot Trail.
- Hell Fire by Adam Gauntlett, Trail of Cthulhu scenario set in 18th century London.
- Lorefinder print pre-order, by Gareth Hanrahan, combining the GUMSHOE System with Pathfinder
- Invasive Procedures print pre-order, by Gareth Hanrahan, in celebration of Halloween, our scariest scenario is coming to print.