The Gaean Reach

huth_GR_cover_RGB_350

Quandos Vorn Must Die!

In an impossibly distant future, our species has dispersed to the stars. Traveling in slender spacecraft, armed with projacs and needle guns, we have settled countless worlds. Cultures are everywhere different, yet propelled in the end by fundamental qualities humankind cannot shed: greed, egoism, pettiness, and a crippling passion for procedure.

Across the vastness of the Oikumene a few individuals of exceptional infamy project their lust for power. Fear of their names spreads from planet to planet like a cancer.

None of these evokes greater loathing and terror than the world-spanning criminal mastermind Quandos Vorn.

Quandos Vorn. Who you have sworn to kill.

The Gaean Reach, the Roleplaying Game of Interstellar Vengeance, brings to your tabletop the legendary cycle of science fiction classics by the great Jack Vance.

• An ingenious hybrid, it fuses the investigative clarity of the GUMSHOE system with the lethal wit of the Dying Earth Roleplaying Game.

• Designed by the master of both systems, Robin D. Laws.

• Quick and elegant character generation launches you into play at the speed of an intersplit drive.

• Fun and collaborative series setup allows your group to define just who Quandos Vorn is, what unspeakable things he did to merit their vengeance, and why bringing him down presents them with the challenge of a lifetime.

• Limpid GM advice gives you the tools you need to game out the elegant schemes and sinister counter-schemes of Vancian SF.

• Full introductory scenario vibrates with the lushness of an unspoiled yet predatory ecosystem, entomological espionage, and the wrath of a monstrous algal deity.

Do not succumb to wistful visions. Every moment you hesitate to purchase this essential exemplar of the roleplaying art, Quandos Vorn gains time to strengthen his hand against you. Buy now, read with relish, and embark on your mission forthwith!

Stock #: PELV01 Author: Robin D. Laws
Artist: Chris Huth Pages: 108pg, 6 x 9, Perfect Bound

Buy

14 Responses to “The Gaean Reach”

1. Steve C. says:

I’m really looking forward to this RPG, as a huge fan of Jack Vance and Pelgrane. Do you anticipate a release in 2012?

2. Allan says:

I was really hoping it was not connected to either of the other two rules systems.
    One my players don’t like.
    And the other I cant seem to ref properly and even though I have tried to start games a couple of times they have all flopped and now my players don’t like this system either.

I was hoping it would be a breath of fresh air as far as rules go.

Allan

3. David Nagy says:

Hi, Simon
    Has The Gaean Reach been released yet?
    regards

el D.

4. Graham says:

Hi Simon,

Has there been any progress?

5. […] The Gaean Reach, le JdR vancien SF de Pelgrane Press, est annoncé en version *.pdf d’ici à la fin de la […]

6. Brett Evill says:

Yoot! It’s out at last!

I wonder whether this is going to be suitable for my long-running Vance-inspired (and Cordwainer Smith, etc.) serial-planetary-romance SF RPG setting?

I wonder whether it’s going to be suitable to the Star-Trek done right campaign I’m setting up for that setting?

I wonder how my players would react to being told to generate Gaean Reach characters instead of GURPS characters.

7. Jerome says:

Hello
    in the book, there is mention of a ressource page for the game but i havent found it on the website. Can you help ? :)
    Thank you !

8. CraigN says:

Errata:
    The rules on using tokens in the Gaean Reach are not consistent. There’s the table on p. 24, which seems clear enough. But then the individual rules sections sometimes contradict it.

How much does it cost to make a Desperate Bid, using a skill you don’t have, 3 tokens (p. 24) or 1 token (p. 32)?

How much does it cost to make a Fortunate Avoidance, 3 tokens (p. 24) or 2 tokens (p. 39)?

How much do ability increases cost, the amounts on p. 24, or the usually smaller amounts on p. 45?

How much does it cost to overcome an Obstacle, 3 tokens (p. 24) or a variable number (p. 34)? Actually, for this one the rules text surely takes precedence.

9. Casey says:

Will this be available again soon? It states preorder as my only option currently.

10. Gray St.Quintin says:

G’day. What Casey said. Would love to get this, but need some more details about when it would actually get to me. Any help you can give would be great. Cheers.

11. Mark Mohrfield says:

When will the pdf only version be available?