This month’s Page XX is a bumper January/February edition. Our line-up this month includes the incomparable Robin D Laws with three columns. Two give advice on combat rules in Ashen Stars and the last holds a treasure-trove of writing tips, both for general prose and for roleplaying scenarios. A playtest group has provided us with a detailed report on their experience playtesting DramaSystem. We’ve got a bunch of new playtest opportunities – Robin’s new game, Hill Folk which uses the DramaSystem, Bill White’s New World, a world-building historical fantasy, and The Zalozhniy Quartet, a series of four linked adventures for Night’s Black Agents. Sticking with the vampire theme we have a reminder of the Conspyramid competition and a detailed guide to constructing and collapsing a conspiracy from James Palmer. Will Hindmarch gives us some updates for the opus that is the Eternal Lies campaign and his new post-apocalyptic GUMSHOE game, Razed. We have the monthly round-up of all things Pelgrane from Simon Rogers, the customary Poll, and for the first time we have an open call for artist to submit their work for consideration.
- The View from the Pelgrane’s Nest by Simon Rogers, news on releases and forthcoming products.
- Five Keys to Punchier Prose by Robin D Laws, writing tips and tricks for scenarios.
- Cannibal Conspiracies by James Palmer, how to turn a conspiracy on its head and bring it crashing down.
- Suppressing Fire in Ashen Stars by Robin D Laws, the first part of a two-part series aimed at increasing combat options in Ashen Stars
- Duking it Out in Ashen Stars by Robin D Laws, the second of the two-part Ashen Stars combat series.
- Eternal Lies Update by Will Hindmarch, playtest reports are in and revisions are being made.
- Razed Update by Will Hindmarch, an explantion of the different modes of play.
- An Introduction to the New World by Bill White, an extract from the forthcoming historical fantasy game.
- Hill Folk Playtest Report, a detailed report on one of the first playtests for DramaSystem.
- Open Call for Artists, we’ve got more products than ever so we need some new talent.
- Night’s Black Agents Competition, write your own conspyramid for a chance to win some fantastic prizes.
- Playtesting Opportunities, Night’s Black Agents, Drama System and New World.
- Terra Nova by Leonard Balsera, this is a scenario for Ashen Stars involving a terrible secret hidden on a deserted luxury liner.
- Lorefinder (PDF version) by Gareth Hanrahan, the rules for a GUMSHOE/Pathfinder mash-up.