April 2012 sees the centenary of the sinking of the Titanic so in true Pelgrane Press fashion we are releasing a mini-adventure set on the ill-fated voyage, The Millionaire’s Special. All proceeds of the sale of this adventure by Adam Gauntlett will go to the Heroes in the Dark charity which aims to bring audio comics to the blind and sight-impaired. We have a great range of articles for you this month including a discussion of the Gaean Reach mechanics from Robin D Laws, an introduction to Phil Reeves, our newest artist, a 13th Age competition where you can win a limited editon of the book, and a sneak peak at one of the 13th Age Icons, the High Druid. Also we have a few Night’s Black Agents treats, a fantastic Agent’s Dossier character booklet from John Anderson and an article on Tradecraft from Rob Wieland which shows how to use the simplest, everyday objects to great effect. Mike Drew talks about Verity Dyse the elusive mystery woman from The Book of the Smoke. Jonathan Tweet provides the foreword to the second volume of Robin D Laws’ outstanding comic strip, The Birds. We have a few more playtesting opportunities for you, the View from the Pelgrane’s Nest plus the Page XX poll and two new releases.
- The View from the Pelgrane’s Nest by Simon Rogers, a round-up of all things Pelgrane.
- GUMSHOE Goes Skulduggery in the Gaean Reach by Robin D Laws, discussing the finer points of writing the Gaean Reach RPG.
- Who is Verity Dyse? by Mike Drew, talks about the mystery woman in Augustus Darcy’s life.
- New Artist Profile is a short introduction to Pelgrane’s newest artist, Phil Reeves.
- Night’s Black Agents Tradecraft by Rob Wieland, great tips for inventive ways to spy.
- Night’s Black Agents Character Dossier by John Anderson, a hugely useful character sheet for your Agent.
- Jonathan Tweet’s Foreword to the Birds Vol 2, celebrating the release of the second volume of the comic strip.
- 13th Age Competition, create your own Icon to win a normal and limited edition.
- The Icons of the 13th Age, brief descriptions of all 13 Icons for you to choose your favourite.
- Icons of the 13th Age: The High Druid, a closer look at one of the 13 powerful Icons from the forthcoming 13th Age RPG.
- April Playtesting Opportunities. Two new games for you to playtest, Sisters of Sorrow and Gaean Reach.
- Flying Coffins by Adam Gauntlett, WW1 fighter planes and aerial combat with the Mythos.
- RMS Titanic: The Millionaire’s Special – mini adventure from Adam Gauntlett, all proceeds go to Heroes in the Dark Charity.
- The Birds Vol 2 by Robin D Laws. The second collection of the comic strip with a foreword from Jonathan Tweet and guest strips from John Kovalic.