From the 1920s to the coming of the Occupation, a new breed of artist prowled the fabled streets of Paris. Combative, disrespectful, irresponsible, the surrealists broke aesthetic conventions, moral boundaries—and sometimes, arms. They sought nothing less than to change humanity by means of a worldwide psychic revolution. Their names resound through pop culture and the annals of art history.
But until now, no one has revealed what they were really up to.
In this comprehensive campaign guide for Trail of Cthulhu, you recreate their mundane and mystical adventures as you stumble onto the Dreamlands, a fantastical realm found far beyond the wall of sleep. At first by happenstance and later by implacable design, you remake it in the fiery image of your own art. Will you save the world, or destroy it?
Choose your player character from a roster of 19 visionaries and madmen.
- Put up your dukes as two-fisted filmmaker LUIS BUÑUEL.
- Flee a formless entity as Dada impresario TRISTAN TZARA.
- Photograph tentacled entities as American expat MAN RAY.
- Personify the joy and decadence of the city as chanteuse KIKI DE MONTPARNASSE.
- Wield the magic cane that will end the world as theater of cruelty inventor ANTONIN ARTAUD.
- Or arrive in Paris as fresh-faced young painter SALVADOR DALÍ, who has come to tear the movement all down and rebuild it in his image.
The Dreamlands are as strange as you can imagine.
|Stock #: PELGT38||Pages: 160|
|Artists: Tyler Clark, Ben Felten, Emilien Francois, Melissa Gay, Jérôme Huguenin, Leah Huete, Rachel A. Kahn, Anna Kryczkowska, David Lewis Johnson, Pat Loboyko, Rich Longmore, Jeff Porter, Patricia Smith, Jeff Strand||Authors: Robin D. Laws, Kenneth Hite, Steve Dempsey|