See Page XX: September 2012

This month’s ENnie Award-nominated See Page XX is a mini offering of 13th Age related goodies. Wade Rockett talks about his experiences playing 13th Age with lead designer Rob Heinsoo. Ash Law gives two examples of how normal items, such as a dwarven hammer, work in 13th Age. Bedlamdan tells us what actually happens when the Icons interfere. There is information on the Kickstarter for the forthcoming companion book, 13 True Ways and the fully laid out first chapter of the core book. Going back to Page XX tradition, Robin D Laws explains roleplaying decisions and their dramatic consequences and Simon Rogers gives us a mini round-up of all things Pelgrane. No Page XX would be complete without a poll, so this week it’s options for Eternal Lies printing.

Articles

See Page XX Poll

How should we print Eternal Lies?

View Results

Loading ... Loading …

7 Responses to “See Page XX: September 2012”

1. Steve says:

Re: Eternal Lies, are these digest-size paperbacks?

Also, I’m sure Robin Laws’ explanation of roleplaying decisions is well-written, probably even seductive, but my daddy always told me “never listen to a goddang Mi-Go”.

2. from says:

As per Steve’s query, how much material are we talking about? Will this be either two huge hardbacks or several (how many?) smaller paperbacks?

Normally, I’d go for hardbacks, preferably with that cozy smythe binding you guys excel at, but a nice slipcased paperback set *MIGHT* fit into my bookcase.

Just for another weird alternative, how about that boxed set in a Solander box? Then I’d have both the easier-to-handle paperbacks, something looking like a *HUGE* hardback for my bookcase, and those tasty “extras” you mention…

3. Niclas says:

While I did vote for “Two hardbacks, slipcased”, the boxed set would’ve been my second option, so I guess I can live with this landslide victory :)

4. Beth Lewis says:

It would all depend on how we chose to print. If we were going with the boxed set, the main books would be in paperback with all the handouts and maps in their own booklet or as separate posters, where applicable. If it was slipcased, then the handouts and maps would be in the hardbacks and, of course, available to download.

A Solander case would be ideal, all depends on price :)

5. Mirko says:

Yes Hardbacks always look nice on a shelf but Box Sets are so sexy! Please do pack it full of neat game props, handouts and maps!!

6. MisterE says:

By all means go for the box set, but only if its economically feasible and you stand a good chance of shifting all the sets you produce. People might be all for buying box sets if they’re just voting, but they may think twice about forking out for an expensive boxed set when the thing finally comes on the market! This is especially true if said prospective buyer turns out not to be running the game him/herself and has a mate who’s going to be buying the box. Not everyone will be a GM interested in reading through lots of spoiler laden books and props. I think many will be economical and just let their GM buy the thing.

Perhaps a slip case of some form might be the best idea?

7. Matt says:

I have to say the box set option pretty much guarantees I won’t buy this. Which is irritating because I was really looking forward to it. I hate running from a pdf so I won’t bother buying that. :(

In my experience box sets are completely over-rated. I’d much prefer either the slipcased paperbacks, or 2 shrink wrapped hardbacks. Either of which would guarantee me buying this.