There is so much going on with 13th Age that I thought it best to spin off 13th Age news into this new Page XX section. Beware though, the Archmage’s scrying glass is misty, and while he speaks with certitude, the future is not always as clear as he pretends.
The 13 True Ways Kickstarter is now fully funded with a lot of extra content, including new classes, monster art, cities and diabolism. It’s in the top ten of most highly funded game Kickstarters ever, even though the True Ways is a supplement. Full details of what to expect when can be found here.
This issue of Page XX sees the release of version 5 of the 13th Age RPG – Escalation Edition customers, you can get your copies from your order page; Kickstarter supporters who have a 13th Age in your reward should expect to receive an email with a link within 24 hours.If you’ve lost your order link, you can get it emailed here.
What’s in v 5
- Chapter 2: One Unique Thing and backgrounds sections fleshed out with advice and examples.
- Chapter 6: New rules for using icon relationships; revised loot and rewards. Both these sections may change a bit as Jonathan goes over things I wrote.
- Chapter 7: Monster chapter complete with 50+ new monsters across all levels. There should be a touch of development, otherwise good to go.
- Also finished: one-page character sheet.
- Still in-progress: more revisions throughout Chapter 4: Classes, a full revision of wizard spells and a couple of its talents, and full revision of Chapter 10 adventures and examples.
We have just 130 Escalation Edition pre-orders available before we switch to a standard pre-order. You can see the perks here. As a bonus to all Escalation Edition customers, we will send you a free custom Escalation Die.
It’s looking like a January 2013 release date for 13th Age. The art is done, and the layout underway for completed chapters, but a full colour offset print run takes eight weeks, and with the holiday season smack in the middle, I think this is realistic. You’ll have the fully laid out version before the end of the year to download, and we’ll include various ebook versions in the release.
We are lining up some excellent freelancers to write for us including Kevin Kulp, Robin D Laws, Ash Law and Steve Townsend.
- Rob will be working on Shards of the Broken Sky, the first 13th Age adventure in November – and Pascal Quidault is working on the cover.
- We are planning a GM’s Screen, the details of which will be finalised in December, but we’d love to have your feedback on what you’d like such a screen to look like.
- The bestiary is in the planning stage.
We are reading all your suggestions on the forum thread over here.
There are two kickstarters which will produce 13th Age-compatible supplements power by the ARCHMAGE Engine:
- The Reliquary - sixty magic items produced by Page XX contributor Ash Law.
- Nightfall - adds a twist of 13th-Age compatible old school fantasy horror to your roleplaying