January is often seen as the most depressing month of the year, the weather is awful, the holiday weight just won’t shift and you’ve already broken your New Year’s Resolutions. Let Page XX rid you of your January Blues with a bumper January/February edition including articles from Robin D Laws and Kenneth Hite, a new 13th Age monster from Ryven Cedrylle, and a new playable 13th Age Race from Casey Peavler, as well as interviews with the designers. Mystic Moo has dropped by to give us her 2013 predictions and Jason Morningstar has kindly let us reproduce his Fight Fire Tables from Fate Core as they are a handy guide for any game. We have a set of player aids for Ashen Stars in the form of easy to use Tech Cards from Ralf Schemmann. For the first time, we have an open call for Artists with examples of what we’re looking for in terms of style. Head honcho Simon Rogers provides the usual round up of all things Pelgrane and we have some playtest opportunities.
- The Esoterrorists 2nd Edition Pre-Order. With 4 times the content and brand new artwork, this is shaping up to be a great revamp of the popular classic.
- View from the Pelgrane’s Nest by Simon Rogers, all you need to know about the inner workings of Pelgrane Press
- Call for Artists – we need more artists so please take a look and send us your work.
- Zero Dark Thirty and GUMSHOE by Robin D Laws, gripping investigative adventures without the traditional ingredients.
- Call of Chicago by Kenneth Hite, where he discusses different damage for different games.
- Ashen Stars Tech Cards by Ralf Schemmann, a set of printable cards to help keep track of all your gear.
- 2013 Predictions by Mystic Moo, are you a Frodo or a Goblin? Find out your 2013 horoscope.
- Fight Fire Tables by Jason Morningstar for combatting the flames instead of just taking straight damage.
- January Playtesting: adventures for Ashen Stars and Trail of Cthulhu.
- Monsters of the 13th Age: Mannusiha by Ryven Cedrylle, the Priestess’ leonine guardian.
- Werebeast: a 13th Age Playable Race by Casey Peavler, if you’re tired of playing Elves, this one might be for you.
- 13th Age: Obskures.de interview with Jonathan Tweet.
- 13th Age: Obskures.de interview with Rob Heinsoo.
- 13th Age: Obskures.de interview with Lee Moyer.
See Page XX Poll