2nd Edition Now Available to Pre-Order
A stand-alone roleplaying game by Robin D Laws
You are elite investigators combating the plots of the Esoterrorists, a loose affiliation of occult terrorists intent on tearing the fabric of the world. The Esoterrorists introduces the GUMSHOE rules system, which revolutionizes investigative scenarios by ensuring that players are never deprived of the crucial clues they need to move the story forward.
With The Esoterrorists you can:
- Equip your characters with up to 39 fine-grained investigative abilities, ranging from Interrogation and Data Retrieval to the ever-popular Forensic Entomology and always useful Bullshit Detector.
- Round them out with 13 crucial adventure abilities, which help you fight, run away, and retain your mental stability when the horrors come knocking.
Also included, for gamemasters:
- Data on the terrifying world of the Esoterrorists, and the Ordo Veritatis, the benevolent global conspiracy that fights them
- Creatures of unremitting horror.
- Detailed instructions on structuring investigative scenarios for the innovative GUMSHOE system
- Advice on bringing those scenarios to life in play
- Operation Slaughterhouse, an advanced example scenario of geopolitical horror
The Esoterrorists is easy to learn, easy to play and replayable by design.
Upgrades, Improvements and New Content for the 2nd Edition.
This new edition of The Esoterrorists is 4 times longer and includes -
- Brand new monsters.
- The Station Duty Campaign frame.
- Updated GUMSHOE rules and mechanics
- More GM advice from Robin D Laws
- New artwork, layout design and cover
This new editions incorporates years of advice based on actual play experience and draws on other GUMSHOE games to become the definitive horror-based rules set.
The pre-order includes a basic PDF of the word file, plus EPUB and MOBI versions.
… the game does deliver on its promise. You could easily explain the rules to someone in 15 minutes enough so that they could play. You can also learn them enough to run the game in about an hour.
I was apprehensive about the system but I was wrong – it worked really well for me.
The rules are incredible – I honestly think this is the best investigation-based RPG ever printed.
|Stock #: PELG01||Author: Robin D Laws|
|Artist: Jerome Huguenin||Pages: 192|