Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorUskglass
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2012

I'm hearing several players who would be interested in trying 13th Age but are put of by having to do the purchase up front for getting playtest material.
    I was wondering if it would be possible (assuming it's not already planned) to have short edit of the Escalation Edition for download from the website as Test Drive rules. I reckon that would help increasing awareness about the game in the community and getting more players on board.
    Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorchaosfang
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2012 edited

Posted By: UskglassI'm hearing several players who would be interested in trying 13th Age but are put of by having to do the purchase up front for getting playtest material.
    I was wondering if it would be possible (assuming it's not already planned) to have short edit of the Escalation Edition for download from the website as Test Drive rules. I reckon that would help increasing awareness about the game in the community and getting more players on board.
    Thanks.
    As far as I know there are plans to set up an OGL site for 13th Age eventually, but for now there are a bunch of useful PDFs that can give both GMs and players an idea of what the game's rules are in the 13th Age resources page.

EDIT: Turns out there's a demo file in that page, seems it's what you're looking for :)
    • CommentAuthorUskglass
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2012

I've seen the demo document, and it's pretty good. But it can be used only by someone who has the rules available.
    What I'm asking for here is actually a short resume to allow new players to get an idea of how the system works and try it out for themselves.
    • CommentAuthorSimon
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2012

Posted By: UskglassI'm hearing several players who would be interested in trying 13th Age but are put of by having to do the purchase up front for getting playtest material.
    Thanks.

This sounds like something we could do for Free RPG Day
    •  
      CommentAuthortbaker
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2012

Posted By: UskglassWhat I'm asking for here is actually a short resume to allow new players to get an idea of how the system works and try it out for themselves.

I have some friends who would get good use out of that. As highly as I speak of 13th Age, I still have some friends who haven't — gasp — been convinced to purchase it, yet. In the meantime, I'll keep wearing them down. ;-)